TANNERY ROW ARTIST COLONY
The Tannery Row Exhibitions Department accepts proposals for their gallery year - round . Generally, we are looking for exhibits to book a year or even two years out or more in advance.
Proposals received on an ongoing basis and are reviewed once yearly.
The deadline for the 2019 Exhibition is Jan 31st at 11:59 PM.
Notification will be sent to all applicants by Feb.8th, 2018
Show Dates will be July 13th - Sept. 6th, 2019
Please Submit online using our submission form.
We WILL NOT receive submissions any other way than online using our Submission Form.
There is a 35 dollar application fee to submit a proposal.
Email us if you have any questions below.
The Proposal Submission Form will ask for you to upload your PDF and other documents. Please follow the instructions in the submission form.
The contents of most artist proposals are as follows:
• An artist statement, not to exceed one page
• A resume and biography, not to exceed three pages
• 12 - 15 images of individual works and one or two installation images (details may be included)
• An image list with title, medium, size, and year completed for each image
While all proposals will be given equal consideration, artists living or working within 250 miles of the Atlanta/Buford region are especially encouraged to apply. All proposals collected during the year will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Proposals may be kept for upwards of 3 years by the exhibitions department for future consideration.
The Tannery Row Artist Colony receives 30% of all sales.
Buyers may be allowed to take the work upon completion of sales, however the artist will be asked to replace any works sold before the closing of the exhibition..
Artist Opening is from 6-8 on the evening of the fist day of the show. Artist Talk will be in the gallery and will take place at the beginning of the opening.
Artist is responsible for the transportation of works to and from the gallery.
The Tannery will provide reception with wine and refreshments.
The Tannery will promote the exhibition, submit press releases, and provide the artist with postcards of their upcoming show.
**For further information about the gallery dimensions, artist opening and promotion and contract terms, please contact us below.
The Exhibitions Team
Exhibitions & Artist Services
Tannery Row Artist Gallery
554 W. Main Street
Buford, GA 30518
About the Tannery Row Artist Colony
The incredible community known as the Tannery Row Artist Colony (TRAC) emerged in 2003 from the former Bona Allen Leather factory. The founding artists and craftsman of Tannery Row Mercantile shared their vision and skill to make Tannery Row a stunning combination of studio and gallery space. The spacious (formally) two story building echoes with the charm of Historic Buford, GA. Located at 554 W. Main Street, the entire facility offers a restaurant, yoga studio, event space, several businesses, and ample paved parking.
The mission of the Tannery Row Artist Colony is to engage, enlighten, and inspire our community by providing interactive art education, outreach to underserved audiences, support of artists, and exposure to the visual arts.
The Art Colony's campus includes:
• The Tannery Row Art Gallery and Art Studios - houses a 1000 square foot art gallery and 17 art studios that range anywhere from 500 to 1200 square feet and are adjacent to an impressive corridor of arching ironworks designed by artist Dennis Primm. Many of the doors, windows and gates entering the studio space have unique variations of this theme. Inner walls reflect the needs of the individual artist and all are painted. All of the studios have a least one brick wall that reflects the antique charm of the historic building. The floors are cement and are either painted or matted. The outer brick walls are flanked with double rows of arched windows making the entire colony bright and airy. Several spaces feature multiple windows. Each artist has access to a community kitchen area, Wi-Fi and a large sink area.
• Tannery Row Ale House - an award winning restaurant and music venue is also housed in the Tannery Row Building and can be accessed through a connecting doorway near the back of the Artist Colony.
•ToLife!! Yoga and Pilates Studio- a beautiful and inspiring Yoga studio is also housed in the same building as the Artist Colony. The studio can be accessed by an adjoining sliding door, and many artist take advantage of its close proximity.