TANNERY ROW ARTIST COLONY
The Tannery Row Exhibitions Department accepts proposals for their gallery year - round . Generally, we are looking for exhibits to book a year or even two years out or more in advance.
Proposals are reviewed twice yearly:
Early Summer for proposals sent from January 1 through May 31st.
Mid - Winter for proposals sent from June 1 through Jan. 26th.
Any artist may submit a proposal to be considered for a solo or group exhibition by sending a complete artist's packet as a pdf file to our email below.
OR send proposal submission packet on a flash drive to:
Tannery Row Artist Colony
ATTN: Exhibitions Department
554 W.Main treet, Bldg. C
Buford, GA 30518
Proposal Submission Packets should include:
• An artist statement, not to exceed one page
• A resume or biography, not to exceed three pages
• 12 - 15 images of individual works (details may be included)
• A list with title, medium, size, and year completed for each image
NOTE: Your proposal materials WILL NOT be returned to you.
While all proposals will be given equal consideration, artists living or working within 250 miles of the Atlanta/Buford region are especially encouraged to apply. All proposals collected during the year will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Proposals may be kept for upwards of 3 years by the exhibitions department for future consideration.
- The Tannery Row Artist Colony receives 30% of all sales.
- Buyers may be allowed to take the work upon completion of the sale.
- Artist Opening is from 6-8 on the evening of the fist day of the show.
- Artist is responsible for the transportation of works to and from the gallery.
**For further information about the gallery dimensions, artist opening and promotion and contract terms, please contact us below.
The Exhibitions Team
Exhibitions & Artist Services
Tannery Row Artist Gallery
554 W. Main Street
Buford, GA 30518
About the Tannery Row Artist Colony
The incredible community known as the Tannery Row Artist Colony (TRAC) emerged in 2003 from the former Bona Allen Leather factory. The founding artists and craftsman of Tannery Row Mercantile shared their vision and skill to make Tannery Row a stunning combination of studio and gallery space. The spacious (formally) two story building echoes with the charm of Historic Buford, GA. Located at 554 W. Main Street, the entire facility offers a restaurant, yoga studio, event space, several businesses, and ample paved parking.
The mission of the Tannery Row Artist Colony is to engage, enlighten, and inspire our community by providing interactive art education, outreach to underserved audiences, support of artists, and exposure to the visual arts.
The Art Colony's campus includes:
• The Tannery Row Art Gallery and Art Studios - houses a 1000 square foot art gallery and 17 art studios that range anywhere from 500 to 1200 square feet and are adjacent to an impressive corridor of arching ironworks designed by artist Dennis Primm. Many of the doors, windows and gates entering the studio space have unique variations of this theme. Inner walls reflect the needs of the individual artist and all are painted. All of the studios have a least one brick wall that reflects the antique charm of the historic building. The floors are cement and are either painted or matted. The outer brick walls are flanked with double rows of arched windows making the entire colony bright and airy. Several spaces feature multiple windows. Each artist has access to a community kitchen area, Wi-Fi and a large sink area.
• Tannery Row Ale House - an award winning restaurant and music venue is also housed in the Tannery Row Building and can be accessed through a connecting doorway near the back of the Artist Colony.
•ToLife!! Yoga and Pilates Studio- a beautiful and inspiring Yoga studio is also housed in the same building as the Artist Colony. The studio can be accessed by an adjoining sliding door, and many artist take advantage of its close proximity.